Accidents/Personal Injury

We Will Fight For You!

We offer aggressive representation with over 35 years of experience. Protect Your Rights! Call Us First - Call Us before you speak to the insurance company. We can help.
  • Evening & Weekend Appointments
  • Free Consultation
  • Home & Hospital Visits
  • Court Courts Advanced
  • No Up Front Costs
  • Free Second Opinion


Personal Injury Lawyer  Guy Lying on the Road in Bakersfield, CA
  • All Accidents
  • All Serious Injuries
  • Wrongful Death
  • Signifcant & Catastrophic Injuries
  • Head-Neck-Spine Injuries
DUI  Unconscious Blonde Women in Bakersfield, CA
  • Brain Injuries
  • Automobile (Car) & Big Rig (Semi-Truck) Accidents
  • Boating, Maritime & Aviation Accidents
  • Oilfield Accidents
Bakersfield  Ambulance and Barricade Tape in Bakersfield, CA
  • Motorcycle Accidents
  • Burn Injuries
  • Slip-fall
  • Dangerous Property Conditions
  • Unsafe Products

Personal Injury

If you or a loved one faces a situation involving a wrongful death, automobile accident, product liability, medical malpractice, dog bite, motorcycle accident, uninsured motorist claim, trucking accident or other serious personal injury claims, we can help with recovering compensation for loss or injury.

Personal Injury FAQ

Will I get to talk to an experienced California personal injury attorney if I call?
Yes. If you want some answers right now, give us a call. Everyone who calls for a free consultation gets to talk to Attorney James Noriega right away or later in the day.
What if I can't get to your office for a consultation?
We will make arrangements to come to the hospital, your home or your office.
Why should I hire Law Offices of James E. Noriega?
James Noriega is an excellent, experienced lawyer who will personally fight for you every step of the way. He understands how traumatic it is to be injured in an accident that was caused by another person's negligence. He and his staff will treat you like family and will do everything they can to make sure you are compensated for the damages you have suffered.
Should I call even if I am not sure if I need a lawyer or if I think I may be able to handle my claim on my own?
Yes. We can answer your questions and advise you on the best course of action. Attorney James Noriega can frequently give you an estimate of what the insurance company may offer to settle your claim. If your best choice is to settle without an attorney, he will tell you.
What type of accident cases do you handle?
We handle motorcycle accident injuries, bicycle accident injuries, trucking accident injuries, auto accident injuries, construction accident injuries, dog bite injuries, slip-and-fall accident injuries and any other case where someone else causes a personal injury.
How soon after my accident should I call an attorney?
Call us immediately at 661-322-7900. Do not give the insurance company a statement until you have consulted with a lawyer. We return all calls as soon as possible. If you have suffered a personal injury, you need to know right away what to do, how to do it and what you can expect. You need to know how much insurance coverage is available to cover your medical expenses and lost wages.
What is my claim worth?
The value of your accident injury claim depends on the amount of your incurred and future medical expenses, your loss of income and the severity of your injuries. Contact us now for a free consultation so Attorney James Noriega can assess your claim and tell you what to expect.
What can I do if the other driver was uninsured?
If you have uninsured / underinsured motorist coverage, you can recover your damages from your insurance company. You will be able to recover for your medical bills, loss of income and pain and suffering even if the other driver had no insurance.
How long will it take to settle my California personal injury case?
It depends on the nature of your personal injury claim. Some cases settle within a few weeks or months. Larger personal injury cases typically take longer to settle.
Will pursuing my California personal injury case take up a lot of my time?
Probably not, since we will be the ones spending time on your case. We may only need to meet for the initial interview and then we can just talk over the phone, or we can just meet when you're available. If the other side takes your deposition, or we have to go to court, it will take more of your time.
Will I have to go to trial?
The vast majority of personal injury cases are settled before trial. However, we treat each case as if it is going to go to trial so you have to be willing to go to trial to maximize your settlement.
Do I need a California personal injury attorney?
If you want to maximize your recovery in a significant injury case, you do need an experienced personal injury attorney. If you are not represented by a lawyer, you will have to deal with the insurance companies. Their goal is to pay you as little as possible. You are not experienced so you are at a severe disadvantage. You have no idea what your claim is worth so you can't know what a fair settlement amount is. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you determine that amount and reach a fair settlement.
How do I pay your legal fees?
You will not pay a retainer or a fee up front. We handle California personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means you do not owe us a legal fee unless we obtain a recovery for you. We do not ask for any attorney fees up front. If there is zero recovery, you will not pay a fee.
Will I have to pay any money up front for filing fees, court costs, expert witness fees or any other costs?
No. Attorney James Noriega will advance all of the costs, including investigative costs, filing fees, court costs, deposition costs and expert witness costs. We know that most people cannot afford these costs up front, so we forward these costs.
We are willing to pay the costs and expenses required to make sure you maximize your recovery. Spending a few thousand dollars on a good expert witness can mean the difference between obtaining no settlement and getting thousands of dollars for your claim. Before you hire a lawyer, make sure that the attorney is willing to advance the monies needed to pursue your personal injury case. Otherwise, you may be forced into taking a minimal settlement.
The doctors are coming after me for unpaid bills. Can you help?
We will contact the health care providers and can usually get them to wait until the case is settled before getting paid. When there is not enough insurance coverage to pay all of the medical bills, we can usually get health care providers to reduce their bills so our clients maximize their net recovery. Attorney James Noriega is very skilled at getting health care providers to reduce their bills, frequently by more than 50 percent.
Do you handle work-related injuries?
Yes. We handle work-related injuries where a third party (someone other than your employer, a coworker or yourself) negligently caused your injury. In other words, if your injuries are caused by someone other than your employer, such as another driver, faulty equipment, a general contractor, the owner or a subcontractor, we will handle your case. If you only have a first-party workers' compensation claim, we can refer you to a lawyer who specializes in these claims.
What cities and counties are in the area where you will take personal injury accident cases?
We primarily handle cases in Kern County. However, we will handle cases in all of Kern, Kings and Tulare counties.